But anyways, enough about that. Today I'm going to be showing you how to make dotted bobby pins to make your hair a little more interesting!
What you'll need:
Information about the supplies:
Fabric: You can search for a fabric store in your area and get the design of your choice. I had picked up this fabric a few weeks ago and thought it was gorgeous! It was pretty expensive though- about $13 per metre (ouch!)
Buttons: You can find these at any craft or fabric store. You probably have some lying around your house anyways!
Glue: I am using liquid glue. Super glue or stronger glue would work better because I found this glue was a little weak and that the button felt like it was going to break off.
Fabric scissors: Any fabric store will sell loads of these! If you have fairly sharp scissors, that would work well too.
1. Cut out a square piece of fabric, enough to cover your button (it really depends on how big your button is). If you're unsure, cut more than you think you need. Too much is better than too less!
3. Place the fabric on top of the button, having the button approximately in the middle of the fabric.
6. Do the same thing again, but placing the glue dot on the fabric this time. Fold the excess fabric in.
8. To let the glue set and dry, place it under a heavy dictionary or textbook for about an hour or two to make sure that the excess fabric on the back is securely pressed down.
10. Place your bobby pin onto the button, where the glue dot is. Feel free to add more glue to make it extra secure (make sure you don't glue the bobby pin together!!).
11. Wait for about 2 hours or until the glue is dry. To tell if the glue is dry, it will be clear instead of a white colour.
This is quick, easy and simple DIY that you can make with some simple supplies you probably already have in your house!
Hope you enjoyed reading and I'll talk to you next week!
-Megan :) xx
Next time: Another DIY! Check back next week!